I don’t have many fond memories of high school. It wasn’t horrible, but it certainly hasn’t come close to being the best years of my life as some people had promised. Even so, when I saw this copy of an email forward on my friend’s blog, I couldn’t resist filling it out and making it a blog post of my own, especially since he didn’t send me the email version for me to forward. Feel free to make it an email and forward it to your friends. Coincidentally, I’ve been working on a post about a different version of classmates.com… stay tuned – I might eventually have time to finish it! Here is a copy of the email forward:
Here is a fun email I received from my cousin who shares my alma mater as well as the year I graduated. Some of the questions brought a chuckle as well as made me think. See if it does the same for you.
Fill this out about your Senior Year of high school! The longer ago it was, the more fun the answers will be!! FORWARD (or post in comments) with name of high school and graduating year in the subject box. Send this to all your friends, but don’t forget to send it back to me.
1. Did you date someone from your school? No
2. Did you marry someone from your high school? No
3. Did you car pool to school? yes
4. What kind of car did you have? black Pontiac Sunbird
5. What kind of car do you have now? minivan
6 . It’s Friday night…where are you now? In high school? hanging out at a friends house, shooting pool or hanging out at Denny’s – lots of hanging out
7. What kind of job did you have in high school? Wendy’s
8. What kind of job do you do now? Homemaker
9. Were you a party animal? more than some, less than others
10. Were you considered a flirt? no
11. Were you in band, orchestra? band freshman year
12. Were you a nerd? depends who you asked I guess
13. Did you get suspended or expelled? no
14. Can you sing the fight song? no
15. Who was/were your favorite teacher? I don’t remember
16. Where did you sit during lunch? in my car – how dangerous was it to speed to McD’s and back in 25 mins every day?
17. What was your school’s full name? this makes me nervous – are you trying to track me down?!?
18. When did you graduate? 1996
19. What was your school mascot? Tigers
20. If you could go back and do it again, would you? no thanks
21. Did you have fun at Prom? not really
22. Do you still talk to the person you went to Prom with? No
23. Are you planning on going to your next reunion? no
24. Do you still talk to people from school? trade a few emails a year with some people back and forth
25. School Colors? orange and black
26. If you could do 1 thing differently in high school, what would it be? I would have been a little nicer to people – not that I was mean, I was just quiet and disconnected from my huge community of a school.