The classic board game Clue is getting a makeover. Sure, there’s been lots of variations of it over the years; among them Simpsons Clue, Disney’s Haunted Mansion Clue, Dvd Clue, and Clue Jr. But now they are giving the game a more modern look by changing characters, weapons, and rooms. Here are some of the changes:
– Colonel Mustard is now Jack Mustard, a former football player
– Professor Plum is now Victor Plum, a billionaire video game designer
– Mr. Green is now Jacob Green, an African-American
– New Rooms: theater, spa and guest house
– Weapons: Hasbro replaced the lead pipe, revolver and wrench with a dumbbell, trophy and poison
– Each of the characters has a special sleuthing power
Hmm, I’m not so sure about this. I tend to like things the way they are. I’ve played both versions of a few board games that have been modernized, like Pay Day and Life, and I strongly prefer the original versions. I guess we’ll have to see, although it will probably be a long time before I try the new Clue because I buy my games at the thrift store. The only way the new Clue will get to the thrift store super quick is if it really stinks!