A 9 Foot WHAT?!?

A 9 foot tapeworm.  Eww and ouch – enough said!
Here’s the story:

A man who contends he got a 9-foot tapeworm after eating undercooked fish is suing a Chicago restaurant.

In a lawsuit filed Monday, Anthony Franz says he ordered salmon salad for lunch from Shaw’s Crab House in 2006 and fell violently ill. He later passed the giant parasite, which a pathologist determined came from undercooked fish, such as salmon.

Franz’s lawsuit seeks $100,000 from Shaw’s and its parent company, Lettuce Entertain You Enterprises.

Franz claims the restaurant’s staff was negligent in serving him improperly cooked fish.

But Carrol Symank, vice president of food safety for Lettuce Entertain You, says the tapeworm didn’t come from Shaw’s Crab House.

4 thoughts on “A 9 Foot WHAT?!?”

  1. Funny you should ask, that’s what the commenters on the story were talking about… but it turns out that he had eaten there in 2006, which would give it time to grow, I guess…

  2. Oh good- just as I was given a Lettuce Entertain You $25 gift certificate! 😮 Well, Shaw’s Crab House is only one of several restaurants I could use it at fortunately.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *